The Angelena Bonét Show

"When we stand together, with 
united voices, we can change the 
world."                                  - Angelena


Victor Hugo, author of Les Miserables, said that "music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent". And so it is with Angelena's soundtrack and award-winning documentary short film Change The World and original song Tragic Fairytale. This album is a tribute to all who have loved and lost and is the soundtrack to her award-winning debut documentary feature film Angelena: Change The World (A True Story).  Angelena has won two Awards of Recognition for Best Original Song for her song Tragic Fairytale and Best Music Video for Change The World at the IndieFEST Film Awards in the US thus far. Co-written with her late fiancé, Erick Deeby, Angelena is donating 10% of soundtrack sales to her non-profit organization Crystal Heart Foundation, which supports women and girl survivors of sexual violence and those suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.


While traveling the world as a supermodel, TV host and actress, Angelena was also writing, recording, performing live gigs and giving guest radio spots in Sydney, the US and Toronto. Her partner, Erick Deeby, was composing and producing songs for Marvel Comics Man Thing and Director Brett Leonard's film Feed, and in early 2005 began creating instrumental music for Angelena. In August 2007, just as they were about to make the official annoucement of their recent engagement, he suddenly and unexpectedly suffered a major heart attack. Angelena performed CPR but Erick went into a coma and was in the ICU for a week. Tragically, his life support was turned off and she lived her worst nightmare.


During her time of deepest grief, at the height of her modeling career, Angelena moved away from the city and away from the spotlight. There she channeled her pain and emotions into evolving the music her love had created for her and wrote the first song Tragic Fairytale.  As each new song was crafted from the gift of Erick's music, she felt her heart slowly healing. Even though she often felt she couldn't go on, the music and his love inspired her to keep going. She chose to focus on being grateful for the gift of life. Angelena kept the promise she made to Erick at his bedside - that someday... somehow she would finish their special project and share it with her fans. Tragic Fairytale gives us that which could not remain silent. It saved Angelena's life and essentially, Erick's as well,  as he continues to live on in their music. Angelena has her own record label Crystal Heart Records and offers direct licensing for her music and music videos. (Direct Licensing Guidelines and Contact Form below).

Marvel Comics "The Man Thing" Film Premiere - Fox Studios, Sydney (2004)

In Loving Memory of Erick Deeby (29/05/70 - 29/08/07)

DIRECT LICENSING GUIDELINES (Public Performance and Transmission Rights)

Our direct licensing guidelines

1.1.These are the direct licensing guidelines of Crystal Heart Records. This document contains information about licensing our sound recordings and music videos. It sets out the procedure to be followed when you are making an enquiry about direct licensing for public performance or transmission. 

1.2.An alternative to licensing the sound recording or music video directly from us is to obtain a blanket licence from the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia (PPCA). If you obtain the PPCA blanket licence then you will not require a licence from us because the blanket licence gives you permission, within the terms of the licence, to play any recording from the PPCA catalogue which covers over 5,000 recording labels including our sound recordings and music videos. Go to or call PPCA on (02) 8569 1111 to find out more.

Types of licences offered for sound recordings and music videos 

2.1.We only provide non-exclusive licences. This means we can offer the same licences to other people. For example, if we licence your restaurant to play our sound recordings and/or music videos, we can also licence any other businesses (including other restaurants) that wish to play our sound recordings and/or music videos.

2.2.We offer licences for the following purposes:

  • transmission licences for our sound recordings and music videos. You will need a transmission licence if you intend to communicate the sound recording or music video to the public, for example by way of radio, television, film or the internet;
  • public performance licences for our sound recordings and music videos. You will need a public performance licence if you intend to play the sound recording or music video in public, for example by playing a CD at your business premises;
  • 2.3.These licences are separate from any licence required in respect of the underlying copyright in the music and lyrics on the sound recording or music video. Unless the underlying musical works are no longer protected by copyright, you will also need to obtain permission to use the underlying musical works (including any lyrics). Permission to use musical works can be sought from the Australasian Performing Rights Association (APRA) and the Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society (AMCOS). These two organisations operate from the same office and have responsibility for different types of licensing. See or call 1300 852 388.
  • What is the process for direct licensing?
  • 3.1.To enquire about directly licensing any of our sound recordings or music videos, please contact Angelena Bonet, CEO, Crystal Heart Records on
  • 3.2.We require the following information:
  • your business name;
  • your ABN;
  • your contact details;
  • a brief description of your business (eg café, gym, radio station, film festival, production company);
  • an accurate estimation, to the best of your ability and in good faith, of the number of customers per month attending your business (for radio and television stations, we require an estimate of your audience numbers. For one-off events please estimate the number of people you anticipate will attend);
  • the title of each sound recording and/or music video you wish to use (if you wish to use the entire album please indicate this);
  • a brief description of how you will be using the sound recording and/or music video (please keep the description under 200 words); 
  • how long you require the license (for example, is it for a one-off event or do you require it for a longer period, such as 12 months?); 
  • and the date you require the license by

  1. 3.3.Once you have provided us with this information we will get in touch with you to discuss whether a direct licence is likely to be appropriate in the circumstances. After speaking with you, we may require additional information. Once you have provided us with any additional information we require we will provide you with a quote for the licence fee. Our licence fee includes the cost of preparing the licence agreement. Licence fees vary depending on the type of use you are making of the sound recording or music video.
  2. 3.4.If you accept our licence fee you must notify us in writing of your acceptance. We will then prepare the licence, which sets out the terms and conditions under which we grant you the licence.
  3. 3.5.We grant licences for the following periods:
  4. one-off events;
  5. 6 months;
  6. 12 months;
  7. 24 months or longer, if necessary e.g TV Series/Film Distribution
  8. 3.6.We grant licences to the following types of businesses and for the following purposes. If your business type or purpose is not listed you may fit into our ‘other’ category:
  9. childcare centres;
  10. community halls;
  11. concert venues;
  12. festivals;
  13. gymnasiums and fitness centres;
  14. music on hold;
  15. nightclubs;
  16. restaurants and cafes;
  17. schools and universities;
  18. television and film productions
  19. other.
  20. 3.7.Once you have paid the licence fee and have signed the licence agreement you are able to use the sound recording and/or music video in accordance with the terms and conditions of the licence. Don’t forget to contact APRA and AMCOS to see if you also require a licence from them for the use of the musical works and lyrics. See or call APRA and AMCOS on 1300 852 388 to find out more.

Request a Licence

Thank you for contacting us. We will get back to you as soon as possible!
Oops. An error occurred.
Click here to try again.